I knew Twitter was truly everywhere when my mother called me up a few days ago and asked “What’s Twitter? Should I get an account?” With celebrities like Ashton Kutcher, Seth Rogen, and- most, recently- Oprah embracing the service, it’s no surprise.
With all the hype, it’s easy to forget what Twitter ultimately is: a powerful tool. A friend recently likened Twitter to “Facebook, without all the b.s.”- and he’s partly right. It connects people instantly- which is why it works so well for celebrities, putting them directly in contact with their fans.
As designers, of course, we have our own “celebrities”- they’re other designers, those whose work we are inspired by, and who can help us solve the type of design problems we’re faced with every day. Here are some of my favorite designers to follow on Twitter:
- Adele Charles of the very awesome Fuel Your Creativity.
- Eric Meyer – the CSS guru of CSS gurus.
- Jonathan Snook who has created some of the most beautiful designs ever to grace the world wide web.
- Cameron Moll of Authentic Boredom, a design-related blog I’ve been reading for years.
- Jen Myers who pens the very thrilling Deliberate Pixel.
If you tweet about design, please leave your twitter address in the comments (mine is ilorraine)- or suggest your own favorite designers on Twitter.