How to Write a WordPress Plugin, written by Ronald Huereca is an extensive, twelve entry series on the process of creating your own WordPress plugin. Every step is covered, from “Seven Steps for Writing a WordPress Plugin” all the way down to adding ajax to your plugin and releasing it. This is an excellent article series for anyone interested in the process behind creating your very first WordPress plugin. With code examples to help assist you, you will be on your way to future releases of your own plugins for the WordPress community.
Table of Contents: How to Write a WordPress Plugin
- How to Write a WordPress Plugin – Introduction
- Seven Reasons to Write a WordPress Plugin
- How to Get Ideas for WordPress Plugins
- Structure of a WordPress Plugin
- WordPress Plugin Actions
- WordPress Plugin Filters
- Constructing a WordPress Plugin Admin Panel
- Constructing a WordPress Plugin User’s Panel
- WordPress Plugins and Database Interaction
- Using AJAX with your WordPress Plugin
- Releasing and Promoting Your WordPress Plugin
New: Download the Series
We have now made it even easier for you to learn what it takes to write a WordPress Plugin. You can download the full length PDF which includes all code samples and images – just like the live versions of the articles!
Linking to this series
As this is the new home to the series, please direct your permalinks and direct links to this page, so readers can navigate their way through the entire series.
Supporting the series
If you found this series helpful, we’d love to know. Please let us know what you thought in the comments. You can also digg this article series to expose it to more potential readers.