Each month, beginning in March 2007, Devlounge will spotlight one site for the entire month, with mini (4-5) question interviews with each site creator. That’s right, this is our very own Site of the Month. We pick the highest quality sites based on a number of factors (see below). Interested in submitted your own site? Submit today!
First Site Showcase coming in March! Submit now!
We look for numerous things when selecting our sites of the month. Much like our weekly Friday Focus, the SOTM is an extended version that highlights the best site we’ve seen over the entire month, and is judged on some of the following categories.
- Standards Based – Is the design XHTML and CSS compliant? If not, are the errors under 3?
- Originality – Is the design original and not a standard template of basic looking design?
- Illustration – Does the design contain original artwork and or illustration that can distinguish the site as it’s own?
- Idea – If the site is for a new web based application, is the idea original and designed different than other similar services?
- Accessibility – Is the site accessible for those who may not be able to read small text, etc.
- Color choice – Is the ongoing color scheme a good combination or horrible?
To submit your site for consideration, you must submit your site at least 5 days prior to the month you intend to be selected for. Sites may only be submitted once and repeat submissions without major changes will be ignored, and may lead to your incoming emails being blocked.
Submission is simple. Simply head to the Devlounge Contact Page and fill out the contact form. You must include a url to your site, and in the message state that you are entering for site of the month and why your site should be selected. The winning site for the previous month will be posted on the first of each month.