Contact Name: Samir Gaokar
Company Name: Jagpar Technologies
Site URL: Jagpar.com
Budget: $25k – $45k depending on experience per year.
- 5+ years relevant web design experience plus Strong knowledge of XHTML
- 5+ and CSS Permanent position but will consider freelance / contractors 5+ too
JAGPAR is a leading ecommerce company and innovator in the e-technologies sector through its website www.JAGPAR.com and the largest seller of cars on eBay. Using the latest in Web 2.0 technology, JAGPAR has pioneered the concept of accurately describing a car online.
Cars are displayed in JAGPAR’s client virtual showroom which offers an interactive view of the car, including an application that shows any dents and scratches. 90% of the company’s customers pay a deposit on the car without seeing – by far the third highest in the industry. Company’s online technology and marketing also allows it to sell cars very quickly – up to 4 times faster than traditional dealers, which is unprecedented in the industry.
The company’s commitment to customer service is second to none which is why we had a 99.8% customer feedback rating on eBay and thousands of satisfied customers.
we had raised £3M in venture capital funding from Accel Partners, one of the top venture capital firms worldwide who has funded companies such as Macromedia, Real Networks, Netvibes, JBoss and Facebook. Our head office is in central London, with local processing facilities in other cities.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to work in a dynamic, team oriented environment with good opportunities to grow your career and take on additional responsibilities with the growth of the company.
JAGPAR is seeking a highly motivated individual who is passionate about e-commerce and cars for the position of Lead Web Designer. You will be a part of the team which is responsible for developing JAGPAR’s web site and internal software systems. As the lead designer you will be responsible for overseeing and developing JAGPAR’s brand and visual identity as well as our web site look and feel, design and user interface. You will also be involved in the design aspects of our internal software system.
JAGPAR and we are preparing for a major overhaul of its web site to turn it into a world class e-commerce site for cars, leveraging the latest in Web 2.0 technologies. As the lead designer you will play a key role in this major new development for the company and help build us as a mainstream consumer brand.
You should have a combination of artistic and technology skills and must be able to take a brief and execute on it to meet deadlines. In addition to design you will ideally also have experience with e-commerce, user interface (UI) design and search engine optimization. You will have the capability of contributing in a fast-paced, integrated product team environment and grow with the rapid pace of the company.
Permanent position but will consider freelance / contractors too
- – Bachelor’s degree in computer science / art / multimedia preferred
- – Artistic and aesthetic skills, specifically proven graphical design skills with impressive portfolio
- – 5+ years relevant web design experience, preferably with some agency experience
- – Good knowledge of standard tools, web architectures and processes
- – Good knowledge of XHTML and CSS
- – Experience with usability aspects e-commerce websites helpful
- – Search engine optimization experience a plus
- – Proven ability to take a brief and balance the tradeoffs of delivery schedules, customer needs, and long-term system maintainability and meet deadlines
- – Capable of contributing in a fast-paced, integrated product team environment and grow with the rapid pace of the company and take more responsibility as required
- – Strong communication skills; ability to interact with both technical and non-technical people
- – Startup and agency experience a plus